Saturday, April 5, 2014

Godzilla

Now I'm sure that just by reading the title you have already come up with some stereotypes. Especially since this blog is about Japan and I titled this particular blog "Godzilla". Well if you didn't already figure it out, I'm talking about a car. Yes a car. I know, who in the world would call a car "godzilla". Well just give me a second to explain and you'll understand why.
The Godzilla that I am referring to is the Nissan Skyline. Now in this particular blog I'm going to be talk about the 2014 Nissan GT R-35. But out of all the Skylines, the R-34 is my absolute favorite! 

You've probably noticed by now that this is the type of car that was used by deceased actor Paul Walker in the movie 2 Fast 2 Furious. An amazing movie I may add, an amazing series. But as I was saying. The generation of skylines are beasts! They are godzillas! These cars have so much power under the hood that Nissan had to LIE about the amount of horsepower it had just so that it could be street legal in Japan. These cars aren't even legal in the United States today unless you have it imported in parts and even then it can only really be a show car or a track car. Super expensive to import it here. Us Americans having the need for speed were sad about the fact that this beautiful piece of machinery could not be accessed by us. But then everything changed. The Nissan Skyline GT R-35 was released and my oh my is it a beauty. 

Doesn't this machine just scream at you GODZILLA!!! Maybe not, but to me this car is absolutely amazing and maybe one day when I have an extra 90 grand lying around, I might get one of my own. Hope you enjoyed the blog. And I'm out

                                                          ~The Man Who's A Fan Of Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment