Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gotta sweet tooth? Try a Japanese dessert! :)

     Hey there! It's your good friend the man who's a fan of Japan. Today we're going to talk about Japanese Desserts! :) Now I don't know about any of you, but I myself LOVE food. If you saw me in person you'd understand, I'm a little on the larger side, horizontally that is! ;) Anyways, that's enough jokes for now, I'm gonna tell you about some of the many deserts that the Japanese people eat.
       

The First dessert I'm going to talk about is Mochi Ice Cream. Mochi ice cream is a Japanese confection made from mochi which is a pounded sticky rice. Then they fill it with an ice cream filling. The food is actually now very popular in America, Europe, and Africa. Mochi ice cream is a small, round desert ball consisting of a soft pounded sticky rice cake (mochi) on the outside and an ice cream filling on the inside. It is then dusted with corn starch. There are a lot of flavors to choose from, but the most popular flavors of mochi ice cream are green tea, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and red bean. I've had it before and I must say it is super delicious!


The next and final desert that I'm going to tell you about is called Sata Andagi! Sounds like a weird name, I know, so weird that it might make you not want to try it. Well hopefully the next few sentences will change your mind. Sata andagi are sweet deep fried buns of dough, native to the Japanese prefecture(the original 47 regions of Japan) of Okinawa. They are also popular in Hawaii which would make sense considering how close the two are. Sometimes the dessert is only known as andagi. Traditional Okinawan andagi is made by mixing flour, sugar, and eggs. The ingredients are mixed into a ball and deep fried. Sounds good right? I know they sound good, because I wrote about it. ;) But if you'd like to try this dessert then find any local Japanese restaurant that's in the area and ask for it, I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Well, that wraps it up for todays blog, I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope this encourages you to try some new food! Thank you for reading!

                                                            ~The Man Who's A Fan Of Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment